Monday, February 13, 2012

the standing around talkng dead again

I question the producers logic on The Walking Dead. Now I'm officially into the show. They did something last night that kind of summed the show up to me.

1) They killed off nobody that matters. I know the little girl is polarizing but honestly who was she? They never spent time on her other than the search. She was virtually carrying no weight when they offed her. It sucked but it was like the X-Men killing off toad. And I understand no show really took out important people but you can't just keep killing extras and expect me to feel anything as a viewer, I'm still decidedly team Shane.

2) Standing around talking with no one really saying anything. Why are they still on this farm? What happened here really? Shane I guess is supposed to be turning to something, but him saying he is going to do stuff and not do it really isn't blowing my mind. Then he kills the barn walkers, and I...agree. Why not do that? That of course brings about Hersh wanting everyone gone....but they don't leave. Even when a character demands the show progress the hangers on still don't. These guys scoff at Darwinsism.

3) New characters introduc...scratch that killed. Unfortunately for the show one of the characters actually brought with him some charisma. And it stuck out because every character on the show has none of it.

It's getting to the point with the show of when they introduce a new character they have a 14 minute life span. I understand you can't kill off everyone but at least have the person around before you do it.

The show still builds fantastic tension, the bar scene was great and full of suspense. Just kind of sucks that the boring guy I don't care about drew first. Just when I thought the show had a permanent addition who was an unwanted lingerer or the perfect addition of a non-walker antagonist. They cap him. Instantly, and what sucks is he was dramatically more interesting than everyone on the farm. You know other than the girl who sucked the asian dude's dick in a general store surrounded by zombies.


Why was the Asian guy there? What purpose did he serve? He could have taken a step out of pacifism by shooting the fat guy, but he really was just decoration. They created the illusion of action by having him be in the background. So basically when they kill him off it will be like "hey he had some camera time in some big scenes" when really all he did was fuck some desperate for cock farmer daughter and be in the background when the 4 real characters did things.

Also let me just go on record as saying this, it really is hard to guess who dies next, which is all I watch the show for. Which isn't really a success. But its something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be a dick about this