Tuesday, June 21, 2011

fuck pile

I can safely say with out a hint of irony that Tree of Life was in NO way better than Fast and The Furious Five.


Can I sue Terrence Malick for having Penn and Pitt in the same movie and creating a pile of fucking rubbish? Fucking guy is from Illinois and directs movies like he's from a Teutonic country.

Discovery Channel NON-PLANET LIFE documentaries have much higher quality cinematography and settings, when the movie is billed as awe inspiring and a visual treat it has to at least be significantly better than a youtube video.

I mean The New World was such a brick that I'm shocked they let this guy direct a fucking Geico commercial let alone a major motion picture with elite talent. Who has the money to put up for this horse shit? Who was pitched "we wanna show a movie of slow landscape pans complete with Sean Penn whispering in the background incoherence about his mother"

The fact this movie is getting positive reviews just shows how desperate people are to not just see a typical movie, the problem is this is untypical in the way its untypical to get syrup inside your urethra. Its odd, rarely happens, doesn't mean when it happens it should be celebrated.

I will say Sean Penn was great in this movie in a role where he maybe said 4 minutes of actual dialogue. He's such a good actor that I'm surprised that when he met Scarlet Johansson that the world didn't bend from two polar opposites of the spectrum meeting each other. It was like bleach being poured into crude oil. I'm not sure what the fuck happened but I know it was unpalatable.



I can honestly say the trailer really only shows passing glimpses at the characters with no explanation of their actions and no dialogue of consequence or any real description of plot or even any spoken words and it basically gives the entire movie away. This movie may set the all time record for frolicking.

Brad Pitt is on such a fucking cold streak I'm starting to wonder if he was even a good actor to begin with or just handsome and competent enough for me to watch his movies accordingly. 127 hours was a far better visual movie and it wasn't billed strictly as one. The Fountain is another movie that was untypical and had a lot of non-spoken emotions and visualizations and at no point while watching it did I fucking pull out my phone to look at box scores of baseball games I didn't care about.

I texted my boss to ask him "whats up?" during this movie.

Terrence Malick my balls.

1 comment:

  1. So I think in general, with some exceptions, watching a trailer with no sound you should be able to tell what the movie is about to a degree of accuracy.

    So I just did that and this film is about Sean Penn having a hangover imagining what it would be like if Brad Pitt had his own biological children.

    ReplyDelete

please be a dick about this