Tuesday, March 22, 2011

gay people are so fucking gay

I have no ill-will towards gay people or their causes and if it was up to me it would be a federal law for them to have the same rights as straight people. I fully admit I use "faggot" and "homo" daily as insults and use the term "gay" to put things down but I don't subscribe to the "gay people are inferior" horse shit. I love Morrissey, Rufus Wainwright and David Bowie And I realize that is a really long lead in for something that isn't that offensive to begin with, but I have to say it.

Just because a movie is a big deal to gay people it doesn't make it good. There are 2 good songs in Hedwig. Tootsie was not a good movie. John Waters isn't particularly funny. Brokeback Mountain took forever to get going and Jake Gyllenhaal was TERRIBLE in it. Sean Penn's accent in Milk was hilarious and distracting. Denzel was better in Philadelphia than Hanks. Every movie now where dudes make out its suddenly a big deal, I just heard that Dicapprio and the twin guy from Social Network filmed their kissing scene. Why is this a big deal? Because gay people make it one.

Gay people need to stop making such a big deal about themselves, they are culturally significant but because they have big roles in the media they over blow it. They went through a lot but there are more people in this country that support them that don't and if they had the numbers they claim to then they would win every election.

That being said I'm Boston Irish and culturally we have contributed next to nothing outside of maybe 10 patents and an annual Academy nomination for an overdone accent. The 2 nicest houses in my town are owned by gay people and whenever I drive by them I am awestruck by their beauty. I wish everyone on my street were gay couples.

That also being said I find The Birdcage to be one of the funniest movies of all time and Robin Williams needs to come out.

2 comments:

  1. who wouldn't want to be best friends with Agador Spartacus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. may i take your purse as usual
    or
    for the first time

    ReplyDelete

please be a dick about this