Thursday, April 7, 2011

Backdraft




Donald Sutherland playing arsonist Hannibal Lector is so fucking awful. Asking Baldwin if the fire looked at him? That is supposed to be him psychologically breaking down Baldwin. Pressuring him about a fucking fire he showed up at. Fantastic. Do you still hear the lambs Clarice? His burn scars are ridiculous. One eyebrow and a hilarious part burned into his head. Fucking jerk off wrote this movie? His character has the subtlety of dynamite fishing.


HACK!
was he ever good in anything? I hated Body Snatchers, he was in that right?
To me he just seems like Christopher Walken/Jon Voight.
eh... fuck 'em

The electrical socket shaped burn on the vet pitcher from Major League "reveal" really pushes the whole idea of it being a reveal, the guy attempted to murder a state representative and their plan is to later confront the guy about it on a roof.


For those of you struggling to remember theres an altercation in a house between Baldwin and a masked assailant. In the scuffle the masked douche is burned on an electrical outlet and later at the fire house Baldwin sees a fellow fireman have a perfect outlet shaped scar on his back. The movie has the fucking nerve to show a flashback for those of you who lost a loved one in the 20 minutes between the events and completely forgot.

Did anyone else think the whole uncovering a complex plot to steal municipal funding was a bit much for 2 firefighters? Or even 1 fire fighter and his lieutenant? They basically did Serpico except with fire fighters no help from internal affairs and not good. I kinda wanna be a cop just so I can openly not talk to Internal Affairs, give them nothing. I rarely ever get to stonewall someone. Fucking dying to give it a shot someday. Watching season 2 of the wire does that to me, makes me want to keep my mouth shut until I lawyer up. Always wanted to say "you gonna charge me?"

Such a gutsy thing to do, its like a nail asking a carpenter to hit them and brashly strutting out of the...nail keeping area. Not my best analogy but its still hard as life.

I can't believe I loved this movie as a fucking kid. The explosions are so cool. The barrels just rocketing up. Forgot about the ax fight. What a stupid climax. I was a real dickhead when I was a kid. Someone should have swung me by the ankles and break my neck on a fucking sink.


Chicago is such a beautiful city and I only hear great things about it. I hope I never go there and have it ruined for me. Or it dies so people can over rate it greatly. This movie stinks but I think it was the last time any movie was allowed to show firemen in any sort of light other than "selfless hero"

2 comments:

  1. M.A.S.H.

    he was good in that

    also he was good for a sight gag in Animal House

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicago isn't that great. Although, the show shameless has me wanting to go live in their ghettos. Also, a fake strip club called The Windy Titty makes me warm in my heart.

    ReplyDelete

please be a dick about this