Thursday, December 29, 2011

fucking the ghostbusters legacy



So let me have a quick introductory to me liking the Ghostbusters movie. I'm not head over heels about it. I genuinely enjoyed it but I like a lot of other Akroyd Murray Ramis (who for some reason on imdb is known more for ghostbusters2 than 1) and even Ernie Hudson movies more. I just am of the opinion that whats done is done and rehashing it even with the same actors or musicians is generally a mistake and to let time determine the value. So no, I am not begging for a 3rd movie with the original cast, I've seen what Akroyd did with the Blues Brothers and even John Goodman couldn't save it and as far as I'm concerned he is family to me and I'll support him no matter what crime he commits.

So there is to be a remake apparently. Which is whatever. I saw The Thing remake reluctantly and begrudgingly didn't hate it. So I've done some half assed fanboying because honestly thats what I am when it comes to this franchise. While we are on it I'm ok with discontinuing all franchises but thats not here nor there. So I read that Akroyd sent a script to Murray and he shredded it. Thus building the Bill Murray is the greatest man alive wave which is irresistible to be a part of despite every contrarian bone that covers my cynical heart's resistance.

So it looks like they're really motivated to do it. With a bright young cast of attractive women. Like Alyssa Milano.

stop
the
fucking
presses

Alyssa Milano? is this a FHM top 100 hotties list from 2002(53rd)?
Is this a who have two fat Red Sox pitchers fucked list? She is 40 years old. She is older than Shaq. She is older than Martin Luther King when he was shot. She is older than Jaromir Jagr. She is older than Cat Power?!?!? For her to be cast in this movie with any sort of sincerity two questions have to be asked to Dan Akroyd.

1. Why?
2. How was the bj she obviously gave to even consider her?

Far be it for me to say Alyssa Milano was never attractive, quite the opposite actually. She was a beacon that all women should aim to hit someday. She was the Italian Eva Longoria. She really was one of the best looking humans ever to exist. To say she has hit a wall though, is putting it nicely. Lets do a picture contrast timeline from then and now. And as an aside, let this be a lesson to all women. You will hit a disgusting wall and you should feel awful about it.

her circa 2002:

2004:



2009:

2011:

2015:



Weren't Italian women supposed to age well? She looks like fucking Sally Fields. And its not like her looks can afford to take a hit in place of her acting skills. She's lucky to be famous.


Allow me to sum up her career.

Who's the Boss (1984)- daughter
Commando (1985) - daughter
Double Dragon (1994) - not billy not jimmy
Embrace the Vampire (1995)- girl we know from the nude scene mpgs with the water stamp longer than the actual video that you downloaded off kazaa and not actually seen the movie
TVshows - good looking girl in various story arcs
Made for TV movies - 20 year old lady
That one Blink 182 video - lady
Charmed - the girl that was better looking than Rose Mcgowan but you still didn't want to fuck as much
Made for TV movies - 30 year old lady
Ghostbusters 3 - staple

Alyssa Milano has been in a holding pattern over The Irrelevance Ocean waiting for a clear run way on Obscure Airport next to Neve Campbell, Felicity, Rebecca Gayheart, and Shannon Elizabeth.

Does anyone else see a problem with that? Now whatever maybe she's cast as a background character or whatever. But its December 2011 and she is the first name on the IMDB page and I am prepared to overreact at any moments notice and ramble about nothing unabridged and uninformed.

Moreover this is a plea to just let the franchise die. The fact people want more is a good thing. I don't see anyone crowing for another Austin Powers movie. Once you revisit over and over it becomes tacky and meaningless. Kind of like me hammering good looking women over and over. Except they make money.

1 comment:

  1. Is slimer gonna be in the new movie?I love that little slimy guy. re Alyssa Milano, I still would,even in 2015.

    ReplyDelete

please be a dick about this