Thursday, October 25, 2012

Newrosis

When Neurosis submitted their album for review(me downloading it illegally off a blogsite) I figured here we go, another installment from my favorite band. And it's funny because I never gave myself a chance to really explore Given To The Rising. Which is fine that album only came out a couple years agFIVE!?!? THAT WAS FIVE YEARS AGO?

Ok first song. I love neurosis however I find it extremely presumptive of Scott Kelly to say we ALL rage in blood. Speak for yourself mister.

I sometimes think that Scott and Steve just try to see what an ass the other one is acting like, and tries to out do it. Like a pissing contest. It's like a game of dickhead chicken and neither of them is going to pull up and admit that the other won. Like oh you wrote about walking through snow fields that go on forever? Ok well let me compound it and scream more about wolves some more. Fuck he made the reference to blistered hands now what? I got it I'll bring up unending darkness.

I don't get it. Will the new world be cold or will it be too warm? They talk about deserts and snow so much I really don't even think they know what's going to happen. I wonder if they are doomsday prep-ers. Neurosis needs a reality show so bad. I bet they spent all their mercy money on a desalinization tank.

That's a really long verse to begin an album, it was kind of just a run on sentence. 18 bars is asking a lot of someone who listens to pop-rap but they've still got me. I mean of course they do. I love this band and I'm so happy to have more music from them. I'm a Neurosis apologist. I claim everything they've done after 1994 is gold. I even like their side projects, or ignore them if they suck.

Ahhhh it's Steve's turn. I love neurosis formula, it's a formula and it feels completely different every time. God do these lyrics make no sense at all to anyone but them. Whoever says these guys lyrics are great are just trying to fit in. Steve loves to hold notes. He's like a little Celine Dion in black jeans and a beard. Was that a vague heroin reference? Are heroin references ever not vague...other than that Baroness song about 'heroin what have you done with my friend'. God was that hilarious.


For a world with no people and just selected cults and nomadic wondered looking for berries and sustenance there sure is a shit ton of battles. There's 30 people left alive why are we fighting each other?

More of my favorite music. More lyrics that make no sense. Can't wait until Neurosis lets us into their little club where their lyrics don't just seem like a man listing things that seem not fun to go through and talk about being tired from walking a lot.

It gets to a point where I genuinely wonder about neurosis' life. Does anyone in neurosis own a copy of Up on DVD? Which member laughs at the other's lyrics behind their back the most? Do they rent? Own? What's their bathroom look like? Did they have any strong opinions on Chris Benoit? Christmas trees? Do they have kids that go to school or do they just wear cloaks around the house and practice with their scythe?

Yessss the slow starting song that eventually breaks after 4 minutes and turns into rifftits.... I guess that's every song. But fuck you. I need this. Iron? He brought up iron? Who is harvesting this iron? God the apocalypse just seems like too much work. I have no skills really. If the world ends will there be a band I can make fun of? Or will they battle me? I'm just not a fighter for survival type. And I'm one of the billions really. Only four or five of the 101 Dalmatians really fought for their lives if you think about it. The rest just ran behind the others and made sarcastic comments.

This song I guess is about starving. Which is fine. But it would be like me writing a song about hang gliding. Neurosis aren't exactly svelte and trim. Gaping wounds? Pass! He's yelling about shadow worlds. I assume this is a Zelda reference.

Just went to the bathroom and Scott is still yelling about a shadow world. Just use the mirror dude you'll go back to light world maybe that's the desert they're talking about? They talk about 'a mountain' 'a desert' Hyrule? My mind is blown.

I've always felt like X-Men First Class was a more enjoyable holocaust movie than Schindler's List.....what brought that up? This guitar part is lasting a while I guess haha.


1 comment:

  1. Hilarious. You are a genius Boy. Can you write an autobiography or something? I would love to read more about you.

    ReplyDelete

please be a dick about this