Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What the Crap is Burn Notice?

Has anyone seriously watched Burn Notice? I would be shocked it's still on the air but seriously it's on the USA network and I don't really know what to say about that. 

Well it features a former operative who I guess works free lance now? I don't understand it and I honestly would be shocked if anyone expects me to. The funny thing is the main character  is fucking dreadful at acting. He goes into character at least once a show. He can't even do his own voice and he does like Boston accents and French accents about as effectively as you would assume 'The Situation' could. 

His accents aside are bad enough but forget that. He has the funniest over done facial expressions ever I would be shocked if he had a face before being cast in this show. In fact I'm almost positive the face is a mask and they just give him different ones for the scene. I'm not sure he's ever had a conversation before either. This episode he is doing a southern accent and I also would like to parlay my never having a face bet with never ever speaking to another adult before. I swear to fucking god I'm waiting for him to say "Tarnations!!". I think he's trying to be an oil baron. Those are owned by major corporations now what year do the writers think this is? Why not just be a slave owner? 

So he has two friends and basically a new enemy every episode. The enemy is whoever the enemy is of the person who pays him. So basically the enemy  is really just a matter of perspective. 

He has two friends. One is Ash, Ash from Evil Dead is apparently on a cable show. How is that not a bigger deal then it is? I mean I guess it isn't really a big deal. I could pretend it is. But honestly who even gives a shit about him anymore. Dude was in 3 good (for its genre no one who can be taken seriously would take Evil Dead trilogy over a good serious drama) movies almost 20 years ago. I'd say 'what happened' but really he's not a very good actor so why even speak of him. In the show he plays a sidekick/best bud who apparently drinks beer a lot is a womanizer and wears Tommy Bahama shirts. So basically you sit around all episode hoping he dies. 

Secondly is some girl who plays the girlfriend/also sidekick who is shockingly really really good at acting. Like pretty good. For USA network she is unapproachable. And she is out and out gorgeous....when she wears all over the face sunglasses. When she doesn't yikes. Well it's nice to see a girl get work from just acting merit. She's like the opposite of Scarlet Johansson. And too bad this is basically as successful as you can be as a not so attractive actress. The USA Network. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be a dick about this